Saturday, August 20, 2011

Charming

You would think by the way I switch mediums around like the plague that I become obsessed too easily...

...Annnd maybe that's true.

Lately, I've been making charms of random video game characters. Sooo many charms. Let's start first with Marvel vs Capcom 3 characters:

Spiderman, of course. Marvel
Thor. Marvel.
Tron Bonne. Capcom.

HULK. <3 Marvel.
Megaman. Capcom.
Ryu from Street Fighter. Capcom.
I also made a full figure one of, in my opinion, the best coupling in Pokemon: Pikachu and a ketchup bottle:

I'm impressed at how cute it turned out! I also have a couple others waiting on a glaze for when I get home (I'm currently out of town).

These all have little eye hooks in them to hang them from various things, like the gym badges do. I also remade some of the gym badges after a critique I received on my DA page, saying that I should focus on line work.

I finally bought glaze to put over these charms. I'm using DecoArt's Triple Thick Brush-On Gloss Glaze, which works great! But I'm beginning to wonder if I need a special brush for it... I'm just using one of my watercolour painting brushes (Oh, and go figure, as soon as I find a link to the product information, I also find that I should be using an acrylic brush. Oops!). 

Speaking of which... I took a look in my art supplies box that I packed when we first moved into our condo in April of last year and scored large on supplies I forgot I had! Anyone who has had to buy acrylic paints knows that they are hella expensive, but I managed to find the main colours I would need: black, white, yellow, brown, and blue. I guess I could also use a red, but for now I'm not worrying about it.

I have a cheaper solution in mind for paint jobs, however I need to discuss it with a hobbyist at a hobby shop.

As for everything else, I have ideas as to what I want to do with my Perler's, though I have to wait for a shipment of specific colours to come in. I tell you, it's gunna be Christmas in August in a week. I'm getting that shipment, a shipment for beads, and a shipment for t-shirts I ordered from Threadless for cheap. 

Eheh... ^^;

PS: I made a Twitter account exclusively for my crafts! Check out @CharmNGeekery on Twitter! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment